Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Turkey Day

I spent my second Turkey Day in Singapore. I wish I remember what I weighed last year so I could compare with 2009.

I can compare a week ago Sunday with today (Tuesday) and I find I gained about 3 kg. If you know your metric, then you know I seem to have put on 6+ pounds in a bit over a week.

Yikes!!!!

It may have to do with me wanting to make sure that we did not have too much food left over after a great meal.

And what a meal it was!

While my bro is fairly smart and, more often than not, he seems good at math. When it came to ordering dinner for 24 people, he thought 20kg of turkey should...nearly...do the trick. And just in case it didn't, we had 4kg of ham!

And what turkey day would be complete without some mashed 'taters, string beans with almonds, yams, salad, and...my favorite... jellied cranberry sauce - can't stand that 'with real berries' stuff.

Nothing but the real deal for me.

And because I try not to be a rude guy (although some may argue), I made sure that I sampled at least one portion of the desserts brought by the guests. It just wouldn't be right for the brother of the host to not eat what others brought.

Somehow a little turkey, some carrot cake and cranberry sauce turned into 6 pounds.

Never mind. It will soon be new year and I can resolve to live a healthier life.

Sure I could start on the new life today but I'm of the mindset - why do today what can certainly be put off until tomorrow (or next month, as the case may be).

I started a 90 day exercise program some time ago. While the first day hurt me more than any 1 hour time period had hurt in quite some time, I was anxious to see how my body could be transformed in only 3 months.

Well, I only have 89 days to go in the program. I have thoughts about starting again at 90. we'll see.

I hope to post some pics soon.

bjm 01 Dec 09


1 comment:

Slippery Rock said...

Yoga! Yoga! Yoga! Sounds like you need more yoga and less desserts! Love, Clare